Lets just say this weekend didn't go as planned. I'll spare you the gruesome details but there was a big downfall in my weekend. I was bummed out even though I had such a fun friday and saturday with my girlfriends at a house in fairview & a fun weekend.
Growing up is Hard. It costs too much. Did I mention that is is HARD??
there are so many roads to take and decisions to make (that rhyme was not on purpose)
it is so hard to choose. you might win, you might lose (that rhyme was on purpose)
Sometimes I ask myself... is it really going to work out? is it really going to be okay??
normally I can convince myself to say yes, it will be okay. it is going to work out. i mean i am pretty good at convincing myself that i can do anything. if it is working 70 -80 hours a week for a summer or if its working two jobs and going to school (about 28- 32 hours) for 2 semesters or working full time and going to school, along with applying for my program and having some sort of a social life...oh yeah and sleeping. I say I CAN DO THIS! lately its been a little hard on me. I am thinking I can't do it.
and after what happened this weekend...I felt discouraged. I felt like throwing in my towel and saying I quit. But I am no quitter. I still felt and feel so inadequate. I felt like I can't do this. I felt better once I got some unrequested reassurance. Even though I didn't feel like I was prepared, I know that I will get through it and that is going to be okay.
When I need reassurance. I don't always ask for it but when I need the reassurance. It always comes.
Lots of times it is from these two amazing people. It is so nice to know that I have a support system. Not only from my parents but from my family also.
This weekend after my bummer situation... I was a bit overwhelmed. I still am a bit but I know that its going to be fine. well...hopefully! :) I am trying to be optimistic
My Daddy reminded me to take deep breaths and smile and laugh. Have fun with my friends. Don't let it ruin my night. Through out the whole weekend he just keeps saying Kyns, don't worry it is going to work out.
My Mom just made sure I was okay and reminded me that it could have been a lot worse and that everything is going get better.
then to make it EVEN BETTER...
My dear Grandmother came over and said I just came over to say I am so sorry and I hope you are okay. She gave me a hug and said I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.
Am I loved or what? Such a lucky Girl! I think yes.
Sooo after a bit of sulking and feeling sorry for myself. a bit of good music. a bit of reassurance. and remembering this and this and this
I found my determination. It is back and I am ready to take on the world. Well the important things in the life of rife, so my little world. Even though it doesn't make the difference to the world it makes a difference in my world and my life. :)
So if you are ever feeling like it isn't going to be okay and it will never end. It will and it is going to be okay. keep your head up. keep smiling and keep pushing through until you find the light.
Moroni 10:23: And Christ truly said unto our fathers: aIf ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me.






You sure know how to make a person feel wonderful!!! I'm so glad we can help when you are feeling down and out. Hang in there girl....The sun will come out tomorrow! :)
ReplyDelete