Friday, September 23, 2011

Butterscotch Ice Cream Response

Woah Woah Woah Woah! I was not meaning for my last blog post to have an explosion of thoughts behind it. 


I got the following comments about my blog post....


Venkatesh Ragunathan: I may be wrong.. I may be right.. But I don't agree... Taking blind risks in your life is foolishness.. If you are intelligent and know what you want to do in your life, you will always take calculated risks. so that you don't lose focus or deviate too much from what you want to do actually. Making choices in life is not like choosing ice creams!!


Steve Rife: I think calculated risks based on informed decisions is perhaps a better way to look at this IF the choice leads or draws you nearer to good.... Each of us has been given a conscience or as the Book of Mormon puts it "the light of Christ that we might choose good from evil. Those scary feelings might be preserving us from something that might do us harm.... Now if we are only talking about ice cream then I would suggest neither vanilla nor chocolate (which I love) but Tillamook Udderly Peanutbutterly.... now that's worth trying!:)


Leslie Rife: Yum...Now I want some of that ice cream!!! :)


Howard: So....does that mean I should try cheating on my test? I might like it...it might hurt, it might be scary... If I get caught, I'm blaming you!!! 


I think that my moms is referring to my dads comment about Tillamook Udderly Peanutbutterly ice cream. :)


When I said go and try things I wasn't saying to try drugs, to try jumping off a cliff, or to do stupid things. I am not saying to make unwise choices but to take responsible risks even if you are scared. Mostly don't be afraid of change. Don't be afraid of trying something new even if you are scared that you are going to fail. in the end it might be worth it :) I think my Dad and Venk helped clarify what I was meaning.  Howard - Don't cheat on your test! :) haha. Oh my. Next time I will have to be more careful with my statements. I think you all go the gist of what I was saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment