Thursday, September 22, 2011

Butterscotch Ice Cream


"one time I tried butterscotch ice cream & I HATED it"


Today in the world where we live, we have so many choices. We have so many opportunities to choose.

lots of decisions to make

what is your favorite this or that? what is your least favorite of something or another? 

The question I ask today is how do we know what we like if we don't try it. How do we know if we are really happy if we never experience certain things. 

Once upon a time there lived a little boy. He was a darling little boy. He loved vanilla ice cream. He ate it everyday. His mom always fed it to him.  Years went on and he still loved (or thought he loved) vanilla ice cream. 

One day he went to town & someone offered him chocolate ice cream. He looked at it. He smelled it. He wasn't sure if he would like it. He was scared. It was different from what he knew. He decided to try it. 
and I am assuming you know what happens from there. He found out that he loved chocolate ice cream more than vanilla. Chocolate ice cream tasted so amazing. 

How would he have known? He wouldn't have. The point I am getting to...
You have to try things in order to know if you are going to like them
it is scary to jump and try something new. it is scary that you fail. it is scary to be unsure of yourself. it is scary to hate it or to dislike it.

but

sometimes something will come along and you have to take that chance because if you do then it will be amazing. you will never regret it. you will find a life long love. you have to do it no matter how scary it is. you just have to try it. 


that clip makes me laugh.  you might love love love it!  
so even if it might hurt. even if you might fail.

do it. try it. take that chance because it might end up being TOTALLY WORTH IT

psssstt - its almost friday!!! :)




1 comment:

  1. So....does that mean I should try cheating on my test? I might like it...it might hurt, it might be scary... If I get caught, I'm blaming you!!!

    ReplyDelete