Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"No, Cause then I will Hate it"

I wouldn't consider myself a peppy morning person but I also wouldn't consider myself not a morning person. I am just awake and myself. Sometimes on the quiet side. I just like peaceful mornings. I don't love getting up early but I don't lay in my bed and yell at people when they ask me to get up. "I'M AWAKE. I'M UP." cough cough...Ken...haha (for the record - she has gotten a lot better) ;)

For the last few weeks and especially this morning I woke up & I wanted to throw my phone at the wall.  Wanting it to shatter into pieces and kill the music forever that was playing on it to wake me up.

Honest T, I can not stand all 5, YES FIVE, of my alarm clock ringtone songs. 

It has taken me over a year to hate them but i don't want to hear these songs come out of my phone for a good 37 years. I can't hear them go off again. It makes me crazy!!



At one time in my life I lived with a beautiful girl named Jness. She was an awesome roommate. She would put up with my sleep talking and my crazy stories and habits. She would wake me up for school and would deal with my messy side of the room. We always had a good time. It was a blast living with her and all my other roommates. I miss all of them a lot!

One morning my alarm kept going off and off and off and off and off. As we were walking to school our conversation went something like this....

J - Kyns, seriously whenever I hear that Yellowcard song I HATE it and I just think of your alarm clock
 K - Hey Jness, what is your favorite song and I will make that was my new alarm clock ringtone
J - NO, cause then I will hate it too. I don't want to hate my favorite songs
K - hahahaha so true!

This morning I thought of her and I realized how much more I appreciate her because this morning. I realized that she really didn't complain all that much about my 5 alarms every single morning. She probably only said something about it 2 or 3 times. It never was rude or anything. She would just mention it. She never told me to change it or wanted me to sleep on the couch. haha 

Today, I have been enlightened. I understand why Kate would yell at me to turn off my alarm clock when we were younger as I slept through it. I understand why Ken yells at me to turn it off now days. I understand where my roommates were coming from when they all yelled at me to turn off my clubbin' tonight alarm. I understand why Jness would hate my alarm. I get it. I get it. I get it. 

So thank you all for dealing. Jeness (personal shout out - I told you one day it would come ;) haha love you) thank you for being so nice about my alarm clock and being such an understanding roommate, cousin and friend. You are amazing! :) 


And I am sorry for all of the people who have had to deal with my alarms over the years.  Including myself. It is time to change ringtones and wake up happy again. 

Happy Sleeping! :)

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHHHH, RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT....! You know the rest of the song. I am one of the live alarms that Kynsie uses in her morning wake up routine at home(ahahaha). It usually goes something like this: "KYNSE, IT'S TIME TO GET UP!" "I'm awake in a sleepy voice", comes the reply. I know she is not awake so I say: "Kysie your not awake! Open your eyes!" . In the past she would open her eyes and I would turn on the light (hahaha) and she would yell at me! Now she replies "i'm awake, turn on the light." Then she goes through the rest of her 5 alarm process. Love you Kynsie ~ Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you reading Kynsie's Dad's comments I thought you would be interested to know that then after his attempts...that is when I come in!!!! About 15 minutes after he leaves... at 6;30AM I come down and say, "K-Y-N-S-I-E are you awake?" She sleepily replies "Yeah". This girl just LOVES getting up in the morning. :) We do LOVE YA girl!

    ReplyDelete