Friday, January 6, 2012

my little things



Everyone has their own little things that make them feel better. the little things that heal the soul. the little things that make life bearable when it doesn't seem like it will be okay. I love my little things. because. they make the biggest difference. 

For me. it is playing the piano. taking tubs and showers. driving around listening to music with my windows down. a peanut butter and honey sandwich on white bread. & inspiration & creativity in many different forms. the gospel - (mormon ads, hymns, the scriptures, etc.)

There are two blogs that I love. Oh my goodness. i LOVE them. I love the writing and am pretty obsessed with the photography jewels they find. so good. so good. so good. if you haven't already, meet...From Keen & love you long time. These two girls probably can't put life into words better.

Their writing is inspiring and sincere and creative. Some days they just fit into my little things.

"letting go of someone or something that you've loved is probably one of the most intense forms of torture upon this earth." - Keen

"hold your head high gorgeous.
people would kill to see you fall." - Keen

"I think that it takes time to be kind, but not so much time that it matters. There are good people everywhere, and I want to be one of them. I want to leave tracks everywhere I go, even if none of them lead back to me."  - Love you long time

In the moments of my solitude or my little things, that sometimes I enjoy the most. it is when i can breath and really know what i am feeling and what i want. it is while doing my little things that i enjoy because i can think and feel and express myself. I can organize my life and be inspired to do better. It is in the silence and stillness in life that I find out what i am doing and where i am going.

As 2011 started it was full of hope and excitement for what was to come. It was such a good year. Such a growing year and a very unexpected year. It was worth it. All of it - even the bad. Failure pushes me to be better and to be stronger and work harder. Failure isn't always failing because it molds me to this person that I am supposed to be. Good memories and moments are the motivation to keep going because those things make me love my life. They make me happy and they make the "failure" worth the trouble.
As this new year begun, it was different. the excitement wasn't there. the motivation was looking dim. My outlook on things has changed and I am ready for what is to come. It is time to get back to the basics and simplify a few things. My goals are fewer but my commitment is stronger. 2012 Bring it on.  It doesn't matter where I have been but it only matters where I am going. 

so...here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment