So these are my best friends....Jake and Justin....
we have been friends for a long time...since like 7th grade...
from 711 slurpee days, water fights, and youth conferences to cereal parties, snowie runs, 10 sits and saying bye to them for 2 years....
Jake is serving a mission in Guatemala
Justin is serving in Peru
they have been gone....15 months...
but they still have 9 months to go...
I know people say it isn't long...but it is...
before they left we would hang out everyday...seriously...
the summer before they left was the BEST SUMMER of my life
- we hiked timp: i am pretty sure they were going to kill me after that day but they didn't -
- we would hike the Y -
- right before this picture I kicked justin in the face...that is why he is standing so far away from me -
- just & I our jr year going to prom -
- jake & I hiking stewart falls - (getting lost?!?)
- the night before justin left (notice the bulging tissues from my pocket)
I walked in his house and started balling, justin had already been set apart and he said "Will somebody PLEASE hug her"
so the thing I never wanted to admit...was that
i miss my best friends
I miss everything about them. even all the crap they gave me.
i miss...the movie nights, the good laughs, the red jeep, the happy glasses, the hug it outs, the spanish phrases, the late nights, followed by early morning temple trips, the remember texts, the snowies, the cereal parties, the dumb pictures, the bowling games and names, the hikes, the basketball playing (which was mostly teach kynsie how to shoot a basket), the sundays, the ward activities, the long talks, the smiles and much more.
these are things that I will NEVER forget
i didn't want to admit that i missed them to the public because I told them many times when they would ask if I would miss them that i wouldn't miss them at all. I would have two years free of their "torture" but I guess I was just trying to convince myself that I would be okay for two years without them. I only have a little while longer though until they come HOME!!! :)





AAAH..... :)
ReplyDeletek i totally know exactly how you feel! it's sucky.. and the time still takes forever. haha.
ReplyDelete