
When I started this post it was far from what it is now. It evolved from a annoyed post about how people aren't always what they seem...but now it is really different. I was being judgmental of others when I am not perfect and I make mistakes too. I have room for improvement. I need to be better about not judging others because of their actions.
Even if it hurts me
I choose how I am going to react.
Everyone has a story. Their story made them the person they are today. My story made me the person that I am today. My experiences, trials, and examples have built me into the person that I am. Until one dies, you continue to be molded. I believe that no matter what circumstances you are placed in you can make something out of yourself. You can make yourself the best person you can be. It is by our choices that we decide what is going to happen in our story. Elder Uchtdorf said,
"Once upon a time” promises something: a story of adventure and romance, a story of princesses and princes. It may include tales of courage, hope, and everlasting love. In many of these stories, nice overcomes mean and good overcomes evil. But perhaps most of all, I love it when we turn to the last page and our eyes reach the final lines and we see the enchanting words “And they lived happily ever after.” (http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/04/your-happily-ever-after?lang=eng)
I decide my fairytale by the choices I make and the paths I take in life.
We can take different paths and change directions but we decide. There will be consequences (good and bad) for our choices. I have been thinking a lot about who I am and how I changed and learned different things over the years. Even though things are really hard sometimes, I know that they are helping me to grow. In my New Testament class my teacher challenged us to ask Heavenly Father what He has in store for us. I want to make my life a Happily-Ever-After. I want to make Him pleased with me. I think a lot of the time I get too busy and I forget what is most important in my life.
I need to set my priorities straight and remember why I am really here.
Who does He want me to be? and What does He want me to do?
Most of the time when someone says "I thought you were different" it is meant in a negative way. They have been disappointed or let down by someone that they had trusted to do something or to be something. Every once in a while it is said and it is meant in a positive way. When that happens it is a nice surprise like "WOW, I didn't think that person would do that or be so great...etc..." Whenever I feel like saying "I thought you were different" to someone or when that thought pops in my head. It is terrible because most of the time I am so dissappointed in that person and who I thought they were. It affects me and it makes me mad because I know how much potential they have but they aren't living up to it. One of my worst fears is that one day I will disappoint someone so much that they will say that to me. I will know that I didn't live up to my potential...to what was expected of me...to be the person they thought I could and would be.
So right now I am committing to myself to be a little better everyday. I am going to try a little harder so that one day when my story is complete it will be a Happily-Ever-After and that I will have completed the Ultimate Goal that He has set for us.





No comments:
Post a Comment