Friday, January 28, 2011

letter to you

dear winter,

I know we have had some good times...

sledding and snowball fights. donuts and whitewashing. christmas and new years. warm baths and reading books. my uggs and cute winter clothes. temple square trips and hot chocolate runs. christmas music and fun dates. lots more that i can't think of.

despite all of your fun, we have been on rough terms my whole life. Even though I try really hard to like you...I don't. You are okay from about november until a few weeks into january but after that I am ready to start hanging out with my friends spring and summer. I know that I haven't always been so nice to you. i scream at you going outside to scrape my windshield in the morning. i talk crap about you all the time and tell everyone how much i dislike you. oh goodness, i tell them ALL of your flaws. i grumble at the fact that the sun doesn't like coming out to play because you are so cold and mr. sun hates being cold as much as i do. mr. sun sleeps in and i don't get to sleep in and so i hate that it is dark outside when you are in town. i can't stand that my hands and feet are in the state of never ending coldness because of your winter chill. i hate that you like to make my nose run constantly, one day my brain my fall out through nose because i have nothing left to loose. while you hang out and bring joy to others you make me have no motivation to do anything and you make me sad. i am really sorry but this year the time has come for you and i to go our separate ways until next year. you have to leave though...because I am staying here. please go before i have to chase you out of town.

thanks for all the good times and I promise that if you pack up all your snow, mush, gloomy mess, and chill I will not complain about you as much next year. i will try to enjoy you until 2 weeks into january without any complaints. you just can't stick around forever.

bye now. :)

kyns

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kynsie Kell you just make me laugh and smile at the same time!THANKS for starting off my "COLD" morning in a happy way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete