Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"A More Perfect Union"


In my Honors 240 class this last week we watched the movie "A More Perfect Union". I know that I have said this multiple times but I honestly don’t think that I will ever stopped being amazed and so grateful to the founding fathers and what they did for me and for all Americans. They worked so hard, studied so long, debated so much, sacrificed a ton and did their very best to make the American government the best possible government that it could be. They knew that it wouldn’t be perfect but it was as perfect as they could make it.

There is this part in the movie that really touched me. All of the men are arguing about the constitution and what the right solution is. I can’t remember who it is but one of the founding fathers talks about how they need to pray about the right decision. I think that it is really neat how much those men trusted in God. They knew that He would help them find the answers and lead the way. They were directed to do the right thing. This nation is the type of Country it is today because they trusted in him and followed his counsel and guidance. In the movie it shows George Washington praying at the side of his bed and it reminded me of the Prayer at Valley Forge. I love that painting! It is another painting that I really want when I grow up.

It is touching to me that these men were so religious and sometimes I forget and just get caught up in my everyday life. Sometimes I forget that if I would just ask God that He would direct me and help me along the way. It is my challenge to myself but to everyone else to make sure to follow the examples of the founding fathers and how they had faith, hope and trust in God. Remember him in everyday life and I know that He will lead and guide you through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment